Area Service Providers
Greater Westerly Area Food Pantries
- Bradford Jonnycake of Westerly. Industrial Drive, Westerly, RI. Food pantry, clothing, call 377-8069 for further information. No referral necessary, photo ID required. Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm.
- First Baptist Church. 1059 Main Street (P.O. Box 326), Hope Valley, RI 02832 (401) 539-7553. Hopkinton residents only. Limited rent, utility and prescription assistance. Monday – Friday opens at 9AM. Mon, Wed, Fri open until 4pm, Tues and Thurs closes at 1pm.
- Pawcatuck Neighborhood Center (PNC). 27 Chase Street, Pawcatuck, CT 06378 (860) 599-3285. No referral necessary. Proof of residence and verification of household size. Once a month food allotment. Participation in Serve New England available. Monday – Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm.
- Narragansett Indian Health Center. 4533 South County Trail, Charlestown, RI 02813 (401) 364-1265. Must be a registered tribal member. Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:40pm.
- Pilgrim Baptist Church. 27 Chase Hill Road, Ashaway, RI 02804 (401) 377-6077. Given on a first come first serve basis. Tuesday 6pm – 7:30pm only.
- St. Andrew Lutheran Church. 15 East Beach Road, Charlestown, RI 02813 (401) 322-0088. If there is a need during the week, please call. Adult and infant clothing available and they will deliver if necessary. Wednesday Evening 4pm – 5pm and Saturday morning 10am – 11am.
- St. Mary/St. James Food Pantry. 2075 Matunuck School House Road, Charlestown, RI (401) 364-9413. No referral necessary. Soup Kitchen is open on the 3rd Saturday of each month from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. Pantry open Wednesdays and Thursdays 9:15am – 11:15am and 6:30 – 7:30pm.
- St. Vincent DePaul Society – Immaculate Conception Church. 111 High Street, Westerly, RI 02891 (401) 596-2130. No referral necessary. Bags of non-perishable food. Referral to Living Supply Closet. Monday – Friday 10am – 12pm.
- South County Community Action. 34 Pond Street, Westerly, RI 02891 (401) 596-7272 ext. 11. RI emergency food assistance program, free non-perishable food given once a month. Last Tuesday of every month 1:30pm – 3:30pm.
- Trinity Lutheran Church. 110 High Street (rte. 216), Ashaway, RI 02804 (401) 377-4340 (or Mrs. Barton at 401-348-8504. Non-perishable food of your choice available. Tuesday 1pm – 2pm.
- Women Infants and Children (WIC). Call Wood River Health Service to schedule an appointment: (401) 539-2461. Supplemental nutrition program for pregnant women and children to age 5 years. Tuesdays 9am – 5pm.
Non-Food Pantries and Supplies
Christ Church Living Supply Closet. 7 Elm Street, Westerly, RI 02891 (401) 596-0197. Agency referral necessary. Some household and personal care items available. Items that cannot be purchased with food stamps. Tuesday 2pm- 4pm and Thursday 10am – noon.
- Attire for Hire, WARM Shelter, 54 Spruce Street, Westerly, RI 02891 (401) 596-9276. No referral necessary. Appropriate free clothing,shoes, for those seeking work, going on interviews. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am – 2pm. closed Wednesdays.
- Bradford Jonnycake of Westerly. Industrial Drive, Westerly, RI. Food pantry, clothing, call 377-8069 for further information No referral necessary, photo ID required. Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm.
- South County Community Action. 34 Pond Street, Westerly, RI 02891 (401) 596-7272 ext. 117. Emergency services: information & referral Housing Assistance among other assistant programs.
- The Wakefield Oasis. Wakefield. 91 Pershing Avenue, Wakefield, RI 02879 (401) 789-4279. Drop-in center
- Crossroads. Providence (401) 521-2255. Statewide information on available beds in shelters.
- Welcome House. Wakefield (401) 782-4770. 16 beds, 15 transitional units. Intake 4pm-10pm
- South Shore Mental Health. (401) 364-7705